What is the International Veterinary Communication Institute (IVCI)?
The IVCI is a community of professionals whose collective goal is to enhance communication in veterinary medicine for patients, clients, and veterinarians. Communication is paramount to success in every facet of the veterinary profession, including communication with colleagues, within healthcare teams, with individual clients, and with the public at large.
How will the IVCI accomplish its goals?
The IVCI is committed in its efforts to:
- Provide a forum for sustainable, interdisciplinary collaboration on communication in veterinary medicine among educators, practitioners, and researchers.
- Foster veterinary communication research in practice and in veterinary education.
- Promote professional development to enhance the practice and teaching of communication skills within the veterinary profession.
Who are the members of IVCI?
PEOPLE LIKE YOU!
Active members are professionals who value veterinary communication and demonstrate a commitment to advancing communication in the profession. We welcome educators, clinicians, researchers, industry partners, consultants and allied professionals.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Membership on the IVCI listserv where ideas, best practices and training resources are exchanged, and opportunities for networking and developing and collaborations are available.
- Reduced registration fee for the International Conference on Communication in Veterinary Medicine (ICCVM).
- Input into the planning of the ICCVM.
How do I join?
Register & Pay Online below:
Cass Bayley at 519.263.5050
or fax: 519.263.2936
7th ICCVM 2013
November 2nd - 6th, 2013
Four Seasons Hotel - St. Louis, MO
Using communication to transform veterinary medicine from the inside out
The ICCVM conference takes place at the Four Seasons Hotel, St. Louis. A robust program features an outstanding international faculty with the most current content designed for academics, researchers and practitioners. The cross-over between the 3 tracks produces stimulating discussions and participants will leave motivated and armed with new skills.
The response to the ICCVM conference in Niagara on the Lake (November 2011) were unanimous in their praise of the high quality of the program and we encourage you to make plans now to experience ICCVM November 2nd - 6th, 2013 in St. Louis! ICCVM provides the best learning ever, in an intimate atmosphere with the international veterinary community.
Click here for conference details.